The one thing in life that I will probably never be able to give up is bread. I love all types of bread and I’m quite positive there are others out there that feel the same way. I have been slacking on my cooking and updating my word press, which is quite unfortunate but don’t fear you guys. I’m going to make a huge effort in getting a schedule and making fun things that people would enjoy reading about and creating for themselves.
This bread took only about an hour and a half to make (ANYONE CAN SPARE THAT AMOUNT OF TIME IN MAKING THEIR OWN FOOD)
- 3 cups of flour (I used unbleached all-purpose flour)
- 1 envelope of instant fast acting yeast
- 2 teaspoon of salt (I only added 1 teaspoon of salt and my bread definitely needed more)
- 2 tablespoon of sugar (Just like the salt, I only added 1 tablespoon of sugar and definitely needed more)
- 1 egg + 2 teaspoons of water, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup of water + 1 tablespoon of butter, warmed to 120-130 degrees
- AS MANY AS YOU LIKE dried cranberries and chopped walnuts
So in my mixing bowl I gather all of my dry ingredients, 2 cups of flour, yeast (undissolved), salt and sugar. Then I added my warm water and butter into my dry ingredients, mixing slowly. And add in your beaten egg and water mixture.
**** Make sure to check the temperature of your water and butter mixture! If it’s too cold your yeast will not activate and if it’s too hot you will end up killing the yeast. So be careful.
I let my bread rest for about an hour, probably about 45 minutes and you’ll see it rise! (my favorite part of making bread)
While my bread was resting, I pre-heated the oven to 375 degrees and coated my pan with coconut oil.
Once your bread is done resting and the oven is at the right temperature, pop that sucker into the oven and wait 35 minutes or until golden brown.
If you guys make any other breads that you’d like to share PLEASE SHARE! I’d love to hear all about them and try it out. Happy Sunday!
-Love Nicole ❤