Currently Jacob and I are working on a semi-long distance relationship, given, we do see each other on the weekends, but even that is difficult. It’s really hard, at least for me, to go on throughout the week without him. But we have come up with some ways to stay connected throughout this distance and I’m going to share them with you!
Month: November 2018
But lo and behold! A super simple recipe that is fail proof! The ingredients included are basically all normal household staples besides probably the shredded coconut and white chocolate chips.
This recipe is definitely worth it!
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 ounces of white chocolate chips (or however much you like)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and have your baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Mix together your flour, baking powder and salt.
- On medium speed mix together your butter and sugar until combined.
- Once your butter and sugar is creamed, on low speed slowly add in your flour, baking powder and salt mixture. (To do this we added in about 1/2 a cup at a time)
- Fold in your white chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate your dough for about 20-25 minutes.
- Once refrigerated, take tablespoon sized portions and roll them into a ball.
- Roll the balls in the shredded coconut.
- Place the balls on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
- AND YOU’RE DONE! (let them cool down before you try!)
This recipe is super simple and the cookies came out better than I expected. I hope you guys try this recipe and if you do let me know! I’d love to hear about it. Or if you have other cookies that we could make for the holidays I would love to hear about that as well!
Have a great day!