Dulce de Leche Bars
Another dessert?? Yes! We are getting so prepared for this Christmas party and eating all the sweets and this dessert is just that, sweet!
If you’re looking for a unique sweet that’ll make everyone fall in love then you have definitely come to the right place!
- 2 & 1/2 cup of unbleached flour
- 1 4-ounce can of dulce de leche
- 1 cup of softened unsalted butter
- 12 ounces of semi sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and have a rectangular deep baking sheet lined with parchment paper ready. (You will be layering your bars in this pan.)
- Mix together your flour and salt.
2. On medium speed mix together your butter, sugar and vanilla until combined.
3. Once your butter, sugar and vanilla is creamed, slowly fold in your flour and salt mixture. ( I recommend adding in 1/2 cup at a time.)
4. Once everything is mixed together add this to your prepared pan. Flatten the dough down in an even layer.
5. Bake this dough for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
6. Once done, let it cool down for about 30 minutes or until cool. (I know, I know, a lot of waiting but it is needed!)
7. After your base is cool you are going to spread the dulce de leche in an even layer.
8. Now the bars have to be refrigerated for about 25 minutes, I just placed them in the freezer to speed up the process. (Yes! We are almost done)
9. While the bars are cooling, in a bowl, melt your chocolate chips. The best way to do this is to melt them in increments of 30 seconds and stir it to prevent it from burning.
10. Once your chocolate is melted and your bars are done cooling you can add on that final layer of chocolate! (About time!) Make sure this layer is thin and even.
11. Now place your bars back in the freezer, this time for only 10 minutes!
12. And you are done! Finally! Take a knife and cut it however you’d like.
I hope you guys try this recipe and you enjoy it! It’s the perfect dessert for anytime of the year.
Let me know of any other recipes that I should try!
Have a great day!