Today I am sharing a new soup recipe with you all. It was so much better than I thought it would be. It’s rainy here and the perfect time for a warm, hearty bowl of soup.
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 white onion
- 4 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 2 15-ounce can of lentils
- 10 ounces of orecchiette
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup of pancetta
- 4 cups of water
- salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- In your soup pot heat your olive oil on medium heat. Add your onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is soft. Then add in your red pepper flakes and salt.
- Add in your tomato paste and stir.
- After 2 minutes pour in your chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil and then add in your pasta. (remember to continuously stir)
- Add in the lentils and reduce the heat back to medium/low and let the soup simmer.
- While this is happening; coat a separate pan with olive oil and cook your pancetta until browned. This will take about 5-7 minutes. Once cooked remove from pan.
- Stir in your parmesan, parsley and pancetta to the soup once the pasta is cooked thoroughly.
- Add in more salt if necessary.
- And DONE!
****I definitely added hot sauce to my soup and you can too!****
This is such an awesome recipe and it was so easy to make!
If you have any other soup recipes that you would like to share please do!
I am always looking for new things to make.