Guava & Cheese Pastries
Hello Everyone! I hope you all are having an amazing day. I am going to share with you the EASIEST and best dessert recipe there is.
Growing up in South Florida I have been blessed to be surrounded by amazing food and all kinds of food. From Authentic Italian grocery stores & restaurants to amazing Haitian food and of course lots & lots of Hispanic food.
One of my favorite desserts is the infamous guava and cheese pastry or pastelitos de guayaba y queso. This is so easy to make and literally it’s so amazing.
- Puff pastry
- 14 ounces of Guava
- 14 ounces of Cream cheese
- Egg wash made with one egg
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Make sure your puff pastry is thawed out. (Once bought just leave it out until you’re able to move it around without it cracking)
- While your puff pastry is thawing, put your guava into a bowl and mix it until it is borderline smooth. (To do this I put my guava into the microwave in 30 second increments). Do the same thing with your cream cheese. Making it smooth will make it easier to work with.
- Once your puff pastry is thawed, separate the two pieces. Using a rolling pin, smooth out and spread out the pastry and cut the dough into rectangles, or squares or triangles (Whatever you want!).
- Place half of the puff pastry onto your baking sheet.
- Take a spoonful of your guava and place it in the middle of your puff pastry (I tried my hardest for it to be all around the pastry.) And do the same with your cream cheese.
- Place your remaining puff pastry on top of the mixture. Brush the top with your egg wash and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- And you’re done!
DONE! So easy and they turn out so delicious.
Let me know if you guys try it! Or if you have any other recipes to share.