Coconut & Almond Brownies
Everyone loves brownies so I was actually pretty excited to make these. I was drawn to the coconut and almond, and it did not disappoint. These will definitely be a crowd-pleaser.
They’re easy and so fun to make!
- 10 ounces of chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter (1 and 1/2 stick) FOR THE BROWNIES
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter (1/2 stick) FOR THE FILLING
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar FOR THE BROWNIES
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar FOR THE FILLING
- 1/3 cup of shredded coconut (you can use sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup of chopped almonds
- coconut oil
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a microwave – safe bowl, place your bittersweet chocolate and butter for your brownies (3/4 cup). Heat the chocolate and butter in increments of 30 seconds, stirring between each increment (Make sure your chocolate doesn’t burn). Once melted, set aside so it can cool down.
- In a large bowl, stir together your granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla and the brown sugar for your brownies (1/2 cup).
- Once your chocolate and butter mixture from step 1 is cooled, add that into your sugar and egg mixture from step 2.
- Combine your flour and salt to the mixture from step 3, stir until well combined.
- Once everything is mixed, coat your baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Add about 3/4 of your mixture into your baking sheet, spread evenly.
Now for the filling!
7. In a saucepan, place in your butter (1/4 cup) and brown sugar (1/4 cup) let this cook over medium heat. Once the butter has been melted, add in your coconut, salt and almonds. Let this cook for a couple of minutes, until it thickens.
8. Once done spread this mixture on top of your brownie mixture on the baking sheet. Then add in your remaining brownie mixture on top of this.
9. Bake for about 40 minutes or until done (stick a toothpick or fork into the mixture and if it comes out clean its done!)
10. Let the brownies cool before cutting (so they don’t fall apart!)
These brownies were amazing, my favorite part was the almond and coconut mixture (that really makes a difference).
If you have any other brownie recipes please share!