I hope you guys are having a great weekend so far. Here in Augusta it is the beginning of Spring Break and Master’s Week (it’s Augusta’s main attraction). It’s a beautiful day out today and I cannot help but be blah and want to just sleep all day. I tried sleeping and I couldn’t so I decided maybe, just maybe cooking will make me a little happier. So I cooked.
I made chicken and green beans, it was simple and delicious. My favorite recipes are those that are easy to make but still loaded with flavor.
You can make it with rice if you’d like but I decided just a bowl of this was good enough for me. Check out the recipe below!
- 1 lb of diced chicken
- 1 1/2 cup of chopped green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 5 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons of dry basil
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste, probably about 1/2 teaspoon of each
- 2 teaspoons of rice wine vinegar
- Heat your olive oil in a skillet, once heated, place your chicken in your skillet, add in your salt, pepper and basil and let it cook on both sides until browned.
- Once your chicken is browned, add in your butter, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, pepper flakes and vinegar. Stir everything so your chicken doesn’t burn.
- Add in your green beans and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 1-2 minutes.
- Once everything is cooked, plate and eat how ever you like!
I hope you guys try this out, it’s amazing and really simple to make.
Input your email below to be the first to get new posts!