Happy May! I am so excited for this month. It is going to be both nerve-wrecking and awesome, my blog posts will probably be minimal but that is okay! Today I am sharing this super easy, 3 ingredient recipe.
Arepas are so easy to make they should honestly just replace rice, pasta and any other base for food. Check the recipe out below!
The Recipe (makes 11)
- 2 cups of precooked yellow corn flour
- 2 cups of warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- In a mixing bowl, add in all of your ingredients.
- Mix with your hands (it’s so much easier).
- Once all mixed together, portion out your dough. (I cut them into circles)
- Fry until golden brown and top with salt.
Of course you can get super fancy with this and add in whatever you want to the mixture but this recipe is perfect! I made a ground beef mixture ( I still have to perfect this recipe before I share it) and it was awesome! The arepas soak up ALL of the juices, which is so amazing.
Comment below if you have any recommendations!
Remember to subscribe below!