Let me preface this by saying, I’m not a huge fan of pancakes. I don’t know why, I just have never been. But I decided to make some pancakes but with a little twist, banana bread pancakes! That is a mixture I can get on board with. These pancakes are awesome. I was going for a granola-y feel to it but it tastes so much like banana bread! The best thing about pancakes is that they’re so easy to make! You simply mix the ingredients and pour it into a skillet.
Check out the recipe below:
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Pie spice (1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon of cloves, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon)
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of oats
- maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Coconut oil (or butter)
- Mix all your dry ingredients together.
- Mix all your wet ingredients together.
- Mix ALL the ingredients together.
- Heat your pan on medium heat and add about 1 tablespoon coconut oil to the pan.
- You have to be careful using coconut oil it burns easily so you may have to change your heat to low heat depending on your stovetop.
- I used an ice cream scooper to pour the batter into pan, but you can use whatever you want.
- Cook until the bottoms are lightly brown, flip and then repeat on the other side.
- Serve with maple syrup and any toppings you’d like, such as sliced bananas and powdered sugar.
I hope you try these out, they were awesome!
Let me know if you have any other recipes to share and if you tried this one out!
Remember to subscribe with your email for updates!