Yes, I finally did it! I don’t know why but I have always wanted to make poptarts (I don’t even like the store bought ones that much!) Well, anyway, I finally made them and they turned out amazing.
If you’re looking for a unique sweet that’ll make everyone fall in love then you have definitely come to the right place!
In preparation for our upcoming Christmas party, my sister and I have been practicing making cookies. Yes, we need to practice. I am in no way a strong baker honestly, I’m more likely to burn the cookies than to make anything edible.
But lo and behold! A super simple recipe that is fail-proof! The ingredients included are basically all normal household staples besides probably the shredded coconut and white chocolate chips.
This recipe is definitely worth it!
For another great coconut cookie recipe check out, Grandma Krause’s Coconut Cookie.
Ingredients for coconut and white chocolate cookies:
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 ounces of white chocolate chips (or however much you like)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and have your baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Mix together your flour, baking powder and salt.
- On medium speed mix together your butter and sugar until combined.
3. Once your butter and sugar is creamed, on low speed slowly add in your flour, baking powder and salt mixture. (To do this we added in about 1/2 a cup at a time)
4. Fold in your white chocolate chips.
5. Refrigerate your dough for about 20-25 minutes.
6. Once refrigerated, take tablespoon-sized portions and roll them into a ball.
7. Roll the balls in the shredded coconut.
8. Place the balls on your baking sheet.
9. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
AND YOU’RE DONE! (let them cool down before you try!)
This recipe is super simple and the cookies came out better than I expected. I hope you guys try this recipe and if you do let me know! I’d love to hear about it. Or if you have other cookies that we could make for the holidays I would love to hear about that as well!
In case you missed it, check out Dulce de Leche Bars.
Have a great day!
I am all about making non-conventional food, so this carrot banana bread cake is perfect. This recipe is extremely easy. I didn't even have to buy anything extra, we had all these ingredients in the pantry! This is the best mash up of banana bread and carrot cake.
With less than 10 ingredients, this easy apple tart is seriously so easy, you don't even have to take a trip to the grocery store.
I have a great dessert recipe for those that are vegan and those that appreciate vegan dishes, it's vegan cheesecake! These are definitely a crowd-pleaser.
When my grandmother would come visit when I was younger she would bring tons of cookies from her little Italian cookies to fudges to lemon bars. They were absolutely heaven. These lemon bars are great and they're healthy!