Hello and happy almost Valentine’s Day!
As most of you know, I love baking, and most of my blog is comprised of dessert recipes. Well, guess what, I have another one for you guys.
Chocolate strawberry thumbprints! These are so easy to make, delicious and super cute for Valentine’s Day.
For the brownies:
- 6 ounces of bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
For the filling:
- 6 ounces of white chocolate
- 3 ounces of strawberry jelly/jam
- 1/2 cup of diced strawberry
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Roughly chop you bittersweet chocolate (it doesn’t have to be perfect, it helps with melting)
- Cut your butter into pieces (so this is easier to melt as well)
- Put your chopped chocolate and butter into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in increments of 30 seconds, until the butter and chocolate is melted evenly. Once done, set aside and let it cool down.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Once your chocolate and butter mixture is cool, add this mixture to your sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Grease your muffin pan (I greased it with coconut oil). Get one from Amazon (muffin pan)
- Scoop your brownie batter into your muffin pan. (I use this awesome scoop-er which I LOVE. Buy it from Amazon (Scoop). Bake for roughly 20 minutes or until the brownies are cooked thoroughly.
- In the meantime, you can make your filling! In a microwave safe bowl, melt your white chocolate in increments of 30 seconds (just like your bittersweet chocolate and butter mixture). Once melted, mix in your strawberry jam. Set aside until your brownies are done.
- Once the brownies are out, and still warm, use a spoon to make a deep impression so you can add filling to it.
- Once the brownies are cooled down, add in about a spoonful of your filling to it
- And you’re done!
This is a super easy and fun recipe and you can substitute the filling for whatever you like!
Let me know if you make it and or if you make anything else for Valentine’s Day. I love feedback!
Happy Valentine’s Day!