I decided to make this really easy apple tart that came out surprisingly great.
Ingredients for your easy apple tart:
- Puff Pastry
- 5 granny smith apples
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- Less than 1/3 a cup of sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Let the puff pastry thaw out, for about 20-30 minutes.
- Cut the skin off the apples and slice them thinly.
- Place the apple slices in a bowl and add cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Mixing them all together.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the puff pastry onto the baking sheet.
- Working from the outside toward the inside, place the apple slices on the pastry, letting them overlap.
- Once down with the apples, sprinkle sugar on top of them.
- Cut the butter into pieces and place on top of the apples.
- Cook the pastry for 30-40 minutes.
The pastry took about 30-40 minutes to cook but this will vary so just keep an eye on it. You will definitely smell it once it’s ready.
It was light, not too sweet and honestly one of the best desserts I’ve made. I placed a spoonful of french vanilla ice cream on mine and it was perfect.
I hope you guys try it out! I wanted to make it a little bit different and unique but I figured I should probably try to make it the normal way first.
In case you missed it, here are some other posts:
I cannot wait to share with you all everything that is coming! If you have any recommendations of what I should write about next please share, I want to write about what you want to read about.
Submit your email to subscribe to Think and Bee Happy to be the FIRST to receive these blog posts.