My husband and I have been on an ‘easy dinner’ streak lately and this spaghetti fits right into that. It took probably only about 20 minutes to make and left us with leftovers, which is always a bonus.
We made this with whole wheat pasta and I highly recommend NOT using this kind. Whole wheat pasta doesn’t hold sauces well and it’s too thick for my liking so I suggest just using regular pasta.
Below is the easiest spaghetti carbonara recipe AND a breadcrumb recipe below that. Check it out and let me know what you think.
- 2 eggs
- shaved Parmesan
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- In a medium sauce pan cook your bacon until slightly under-cooked. Remove from pan and pat dry to take out excess oil.
- Boil your pasta in salted water until al dente.
- In the same sauce pan, add in your garlic and cook until lightly brown.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together your eggs and Parmesan.
- Add your pasta and bacon to your saucepan with the garlic and mix. Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Quickly add in your egg & Parmesan mixture (The egg will cook and come out looking like scrambled eggs if you don’t mix it quickly).
- Take the pan off the heat and mix everything together.
- Plate and top with Parmesan, breadcrumbs, more red pepper flakes and anything else you’d like.
- And you’re done!
This was an awesome dish, easy for a weekday dinner and you can always modify it to your liking.
Earlier I watched a video on making breadcrumbs and how ‘once you try it on your pasta you’ll never have pasta any other way’, this is so true. It is beyond easy to make and adds so much texture and layers to your dish.
- Day old bread
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Add your bread to a food processor to create the crumbs. It doesn’t have to be a specific or perfect size. We actually don’t have a food processor so we used our personal blender and it worked perfectly.
- In a medium sauce pan, add your crumbs on light heat so they won’t burn.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil and add in salt & pepper and Parmesan.
- Once your breadcrumbs are toasted, you are done.
You can add this to any of your pasta dishes and they’re easy to store.
Comment below if you have any recommendations
remember to subscribe below!