I am so happy to share this recipe with you all. I actually received this recipe request from a really good friend of mine and I was so excited to make it!
This recipe has minimal ingredients, which is awesome. It’s also so easy to make. Once it was done I couldn’t stop eating it! Check the recipe out and enjoy.
For the crust:
- 1 cup of crushed graham cracker
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of crushed almonds
For the filling:
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all of your crust ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Coat your pie dish with butter/coconut oil.
- Add in your crust mixture and pat it down firmly making an even layer.
- Place your crust in the oven for about 20 minutes until lightly brown.
- While your crust is in the oven, mix all of your filling ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- When your crust is done, let it cool for another 20 minutes.
- Once your crust is cooled, add in your filling.
- Place your pie in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the pie is set. Let it cool and then place it into the refrigerator for an hour.
- Finally, enjoy!
If you give the pie a try let me know!
I’d love to hear what you think of it.