Did you like the products linked in today’s blog post? Please support Think and Bee Happy by shopping through the provided affiliated links. I use this profit to keep this blog running and maintained. Thank you so much for your support!
I am trying to establish myself more as a cooking & eating blogger, which is awesome, right? Well, sometimes I just don’t know what to make! I see all these amazing bloggers and all the amazing food that they post and that’s what I want to make. Well, finally, I came up with something. A blueberry tart! Honestly, I’ve never made this before but I did my research and decided to create a new recipe. This is the perfect dessert for Spring and Summer, it’s sweet without being too sweet and blueberries are extremely healthy for you! They’re high in antioxidants, they’re said to help with anti-aging in your skin and good for your blood pressure.
Check out the recipe and let me know what you think!
For the graham cracker crust:
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup of crushed graham crackers
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of water + 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- a pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- For your crust mix together all of your ingredients. In your pie dish, pour in your mixture while pressing evenly into the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Bake your crust for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and let cool once it’s done.
- While your crust is baking, start on your filling. In a saucepan, add in your 1/4 cup of water and blueberries to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix together your cornstarch with the 2 tablespoons of water and then add that to your blueberries.
- Add in the rest of your filling ingredients, sugar, salt, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring it to a boil and then let it simmer.
- Once your crust is cool, pour in your blueberry filling.
- Let your tart set and once your dish is no longer piping hot place it into the refrigerator to cool.
This was remarkably good! I hope you guys try it out.
Is there any other blueberry dishes that you love?
Remember to subscribe by inputting your email below to be the first to receive new recipes!