I have ALWAYS wanted to be apart of all types of parties, such as costume parties, Christmas parties, New Years parties and everything in between. Well this year I decided that my family will host their first annual Christmas party and I am so excited! Our party of course was centered around having a lot of food. I created a list of things that you have to have to make your party epic! It’s not that hard, it’s definitely fun but it does take a little effort.
- We ordered our invites from zazzle.com, Zazzle is always doing some kind of discount on their invitations and they come out so nice! I did some research with other invitation websites but for me this was the best one. I was really happy with how they turned out.
- On our invites we wrote “bring your favorite dish”. This, for us, was a MUST! Of course we love cooking and we would do it happily but it relieved a lot of stress on us to have our guests bring dishes also. We definitely made some cookies which I have posted the recipes on here and a few appetizers. We actually ended up cooking A LOT of food, way too much for a traditional potluck but I’m not complaining, I ate all of it.
- Chocolate covered oreos (my favorite!)
- Dulce de leche bars
- Coconut and white chocolate cookies
- Our house is always decked out for Christmas so this aspect wasn’t too hard. We did go to Home Goods, Michael’s and Hobby Lobby to get anything new.
- We bought decorated Christmas plates (paper) and napkins from Marshalls.
- We created our hot chocolate bar from items from Hobby Lobby.
- Hot chocolate bar
- Wine (multiple bottles)
- Sparkling cider
- As for entertainment, we decided to have the ultimate Christmas album playing the background, Mariah Carey! Along with classics such as Frank Sinatra and Justin Bieber (haha!)
- We also decided to play some Christmas games such as:
- Christmas Trivia
- Name that Christmas song
- Christmas Charades
- We provided gifts for the winners. We had chocolates, a pasta kit, and candles from Home Goods, Pier 1 Imports and TJ Maxx. (Thank God for those stores)
Overall, our party was awesome and I’m glad we finally ended up having it.
If you have any tips of how to make a party great please do not hesitate to share!
Have a great day!