Let me tell you a little secret about myself….. I hate salad. I think this hatred stems from people thinking that I should love them. I was a vegetarian for about 2 and 1/2 years and I refused to base my food intake around this dish. My mother always talked so much crap! “How can you be a vegetarian if you don’t eat salad?”, so annoying.
Well for this past Thanksgiving I decided to do a salad anyway because truth be told, they can be delicious and fun.
- 1 cup of chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 and 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- 2 sliced apples
- 1 container of spring salad mix
- Salad dressing (we used a mixture of Rice wine vinegar, dijon mustard olive oil, salt and pepper)
Salads are pretty easy to make, just put all the ingredients together! We waited to put the dressing on until we were ready to eat it and it was delicious.
Let me know if you try this recipe out!
Or if you have any other salad recipes that I should try.
Have a great day!